The Women’s March on Washington empowered people all over the country to take a stand for what they believe in. Since then, the empowerment and motivation to create change has dwindled. While you might not be able to attend a national march to keep the energy going, there are many ways to be an activist in your community.
One way is to volunteer and support Planned Parenthood!
- Volunteer with Planned Parenthood
- Pledge your support at http://istandwithpp.org
- “Like” Planned Parenthood North Dakota Advocate on Facebook
Other ways to get involved:
- Go to a Pride Alliance meeting on campus, Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. in the Peace Garden Room (MU) or to the PRIDE Collective in downtown Fargo
- Support local Black Lives Matter movement by “liking” Black Lives Matter-Fargo/Moorhead on Facebook
- Go to Women’s Week events on campus (Feb 27th-March 3rd)
- Write to your local legislators and make sure they know what is important to you and your friends!
- Support local refugees, immigrants, and LGBTQ individuals by joining the ND Human Rights Coalition
- Go to a Women’s Activist Organization meeting on campus and “like” the NDSU Women’s Activist Organization on Facebook
Women and Gender Studies