Apples, cinnamon and oatmeal come together for a healthy breakfast trio
Eating the most important meal of the day is often not a priority for students. Baking something the night before and having it prepped and ready to go makes it easy to start the day out right.
- 2 cups rolled oats (can be made gluten-free with gluten-free oats)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup honey crisp apples
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pure maple syrup to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, chop the apple(s) into small cubes and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients, mix well.
- Mix together both wet and dry ingredients into one bowl.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish using a paper towel.
- Pour mixture into a dish and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
This recipe makes six servings and lasts up to a week in the fridge.
This recipe is courtesy of Melissa Alatorre (@alatorreee).