Last weekend my family and I went grocery shopping in Grand Forks and inevitably we had the same age-old debate over where to have lunch. Many options were tossed around, and eventually we decided to go to Pizza Ranch.
Now I’m not sure about you, but for me, I go to Pizza Ranch for only two reasons: the dessert pizza and the cheesy garlic bread. Needless to say, I had a fair share of both that day.
Later that week, I was scrolling through Pinterest and coincidentally, I found a recipe for what looked to be Pizza Ranch cheesy garlic breadsticks. They looked easy to make and delicious to eat so, naturally, I had to give them a try.
Here’s what the recipe called for:
1 10 oz. can prepared pizza crust
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 clove of garlic, minced (I bought a jar of minced garlic and estimated one clove)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (I used both grated and shredded)
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt and pepper
Before you begin, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
1. Mix together the melted butter and minced garlic in a small bowl.
2. Roll out the pizza dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
3. Brush the garlic and butter mixture onto the pizza dough.
4. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and basil evenly over the dough. You can add salt and pepper as well.
5. Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough into strips but do not separate them.
6. Stick the bread in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is slightly brown and melted.
7. Take it out of the oven and recut the slices.
8. Enjoy! (Maybe with a side of marinara sauce?)
These breadsticks make a great snack for a get-together or a side for a nice pasta dish. Maybe even serve some up for your SuperBowl party. Next time you have a hankering for Pizza Ranch’s delicious cheesy garlic breadsticks, look no farther than your own kitchen!