Pumpkin Cookies with Cream cheese frosting
Want to get more into the fall spirit? Here’s a recipe that only brings the feeling of fall cheer and the season’s changing.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ cup butter; softened
- 8 Oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl add in butter (beat in using an electric mixer), adding sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the butter.
3. Add in the egg to the large bowl, following with the vanilla, pumpkin and flour (best to do in order).
4. Roll dough into balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (all depending on when the cookies look done).
The cream cheese frosting can be made by combining the cream cheese, butter, powder sugar and if you prefer, extra vanilla.
Ta-da! These pumpkin cookies will leave you feeling like you’re walking around with fall not only around you but, in your stomach as well!
Recipe Courtesy of ketohealthyone.blogspot.com