The poverty line is a line many students walk. The one thing we all seem to own though are a microwave and a mug. If you own these you are in luck.
A whole bounty of delectable, savory and sweet culinary adventures await you. There are a variety of desserts and meals you can “bake” with only a microwave and in a mug.
Whether you are not in possession of an oven or simply like miniature food, perhaps microwave cooking is the way to go for you. Here are a few simple home nuked recipes you can make yourself.
Cookie in a Cup
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 – 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- First, microwave butter in the mug until it is melted but not boiling, generally 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Mix in sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Separate an egg and add only the yolk to the cup. Mix until no traces of the yolk are visible, it should resemble a soupy mixture.
- Add flour and mix in.
- Fold in chocolate chips. At this point the mixture should look like cookie dough.
- Microwave mug for 40 – 60 seconds.
- Serve warm.
Coffee Cup Quiche
1 ½ tablespoons milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 slice of bread
2 teaspoons cream cheese
½ slice of ham
Thyme leaves or chopped chives
- Beat egg and milk together in cup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Tear bread into pieces and stir in.
- Add cream cheese and add to mixture.
- Tear ham into pieces and stir in.
- Sprinkle thyme.
- Microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds or until done.
- Garnish with mustard, thyme, and chives.
Both of these recipes can be prepared in a matter of minutes for ultimate convenience and require few ingredients. Now go forth young culinary artist and enjoy you home nuked meals.