With summer comes the best of foods from the grill
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. No, I’m not talking about the winter holidays. I’m talking about summer and grilling season.
With summer comes perfectly charbroiled burgers and sweet corn on the cob. Ordinary meals just taste better when they’ve been grilled.
Grilling is simple and certainly nothing to be afraid of. Here is a simple summertime recipe for chipotle cheeseburgers and corn on the cob that serves four.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or beef alternative)
- 4 pretzel buns
- Sliced cheese (I chose pepper jack)
- Chipotle mayo
- 4 cobs of sweet corn
- A side of your choice (I chose pasta salad)
- 1/3 cup onion
- 2-4 chipotle peppers, depending on how much heat you like
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mince onion and chipotle peppers.
- Roll corn cobs in aluminum foil and place on grill for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place ground beef in a bowl with onion, peppers, adobo sauce, salt, cumin and pepper and form into eight patties while corn is grilling.
- Remove corn from grill and place patties on grill, allowing them to cook 5-8 minutes per side depending on doneness preference.
- While patties are cooking, slice pretzel buns and place on grill for 30 seconds to a minute depending on toasted preference.
- When burgers are done, place on buns with a slice of cheese. Spread chipotle mayo evenly and add any additional toppings, such as pickles, lettuce, tomato, raw onion and/or avocado. The more the merrier.
- Bask in your newly achieved grill-master status.
The meal pairs well with a creamy pasta salad, but the choice of side can be whatever you like.